Sunday 20 September 2015

Media Consumption


  • Newspapers
I don't read newspapers very often, due to always finding out about news online, or watching the news on TV. However, when I do come across a newspaper, I mainly read the headlines on the first page and then sometimes the first couple of pages as I find them more relevant. I never read the articles towards the end as I find them less interesting. My dad mostly buys newspapers, however, he doesn't buy them very frequently anymore due to online apps.  I look at online newspapers, such as the daily mail, the mirror, etc. 

  • Magazines
I don't usually read magazines, as I keep up to date with everything on the Internet and online as its much easier and accessible. 

  • Television
I  spend about 6 hours weekly watching TV, I usually watch television in the evening.The main programmes I watch are; The Vampire Diaries,Petty Little Liars and Friends. I watch these by myself as other members of  my family aren't really interested in these types of shows. I watch Friends whenever its on TV, however, I catch up on The Vampire Diaries and Pretty Little Liars on Netflix, on my laptop. 

  • Radio
 Yes I do listen to the radio, I mainly listen to the radio in the car and sometimes in my room. I don't particularly enjoy listening to the radio as I don't like the music played nowadays. So I don't always listen to the radio.

  • Cinema
In the last month I have watched on film in the cinemas - The Visit, I went to watch it with a friend. I watched Horrible Bosses on demand,at home with my sister and we both decided to watch it. If I'm by myself, ill watch films on my laptop. But if I'm watching films with other people Ill watch them on the TV. 

  • Online
I access the Internet everyday, mostly at home on my phone or laptop. I mainly use google, but I also use social apps such as; Whats App, Snapchat, Instagram, Twitter. I use these to keep in touch with friends and to see what everyone's getting up to. I also use them for entertainment. I use my laptop to access the Internet for homework. However, I use my phone mainly to access the Internet as its easier and I have all of my apps in one place.


Action Plan:  I need to purchase more newspapers in order to know whats going on around the world, or visit more online news sites. Furthermore, I need to read more magazines so I can develop my knowledge of media. 



No comments:

Post a Comment